Tuesday 26 July 2011

Recipes from Far and Wide

In case I forget later I just want to say now from the outset how grateful I am to friends who have offered support with this Summer's Bake Challenge.

Immediately an old boss of 18 years ago and a more recent facebook correspondant saw my status update and kindly sent me three of her 'never fail' cake recipes. All of which I will be trying and writing about on here. So a huge thank you to Maureen, very much appreciated and as always it's just fab to kow that you are willing me to succeed now, just as you supported me and mentored me in my very first job all those years ago.

On Saturday I attended this year's CLA Gamefair at Blenheim Palace, Woodstock. Far from it being all about animals and farming there was also a brilliant Cooking Demonstration Theatre. Mary Berry gave an entertaining and inspiring display of 4 simple dishes taken from her new book with Lucy Young, 'Cook Up a Feast.' At the end there was the opportunity to purchase and have your book signed. Mary was very encouraging and wished me the best of luck with my baking challenge.

So with Maureen, Mary and Cherub behind me how can I not succeed this Summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment