Tuesday 26 July 2011

The Bake Club

I am very fortunate to live in an area of London that has a great community spirit. My neighbours are all wonderfully talented people and it seemed foolish not to tap into all their baking expertise. Dora, or Cherub, my Grandma is a good 200 miles away and although I will be visiting her throughout this year I also needed other sages close at hand.
With all this in mind the idea of a local 'Cook Club' was born. It was two drinks into a farewell party for a neighbour that I bravely suggested ,"A cook club, like a book club but for cook books," not easy to type and certainly not easy to say after a few ciders and I think the blank expressions staring back at me confirmed my fears that people just thought I was stumbling over my words.
We have a community email system set up so I decided to back up my humble suggestion with a round robin to guage interest.
Yippee, within a few hours the very newly formed 'Ferrers Triangle Cook Club' had 9 people interested and the number is still growing, a database, an email address and a new blog- www.ferrerstrainglecookclub.blogspot.com
Those that can make it are all meeting on Tuesday 2nd August at 6.30pm in The Earl Ferrers Pub. The purpose of this initial meeting is brainstorm the format of the group and to see where the idea takes us.

No comments:

Post a Comment